Silicone printing problems and solutions
Silicone printing problems:
Today, there are many silicone printing problems. This is because, printing on silicone poses many challenges to professional printers. As a result, the printing experts have many questions. Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. has come up with innovative solutions. First, let’s explore the challenges and finally offer solutions to these challenges.
Some of the key challenges when printing on silicone are:
- Paste ink/ Pasty ink – These inks need to be heavily thinned for the customer to be able to use them. In essence, the customer is actually making the ink. This lowers productivity. Also, because the inks are a paste, this poses mixing and color matching challenges for printers. Users of the silicone ink have to heavily rely on ink manufacturers for custom colors. This is time consuming not to mention the long lead time and customer color matching fees.
- Translucent/ Not Opaque ink – According to Photoscreenprint, ink opacity affects the ability of colors to blend with each other, as well as how much substrate shows through the print. The more opaque an ink is the better it will cover a dark garment. When pad printing with transparent inks it is not possible to obtain opaque prints. As a result printers have to double hit a print. This not only slows down productivity but also increase ink usage.
- Lack of glossy printing ink – This impacts the final customer. Unhappy customers translates to bad reviews or lost revenue for printers.
- Consistent ink quality – The current inks in the industry vary in particle sizes, color consistency in every batch. This makes it hard for printers to use existing mixing ratios, printing speeds, color matching etc.
- Our containers are uniquely designed to enable users to use all the ink in the can. This design prevents ink spillage or wastage.
- Mixing instructions guide in English and Spanish. The mixing guide contains easy to understand mixing, printing and drying instructions. The mixing guide provided to you for free. You can download the guide on our website, and is included as part of every order.
- Because we know that customers face the challenge of determining if the product that they have is real silicone, we offer a free testing lab. Send your product to us, and in less that 24 hrs, we will provide you with a complete report on the product and a solution for your product.
- 24/7 access free to our ink specialists. Call us today +1 (781) 281 -2558 or send us an email by clicking here